Mediated Tentative Agreement Reached for Our Union Contract!
With the assistance of a State Mediator, the AFSCME Local 685 Executive Board has reached a Mediated Tentative Agreement with the County of Los Angeles on a successor Memorandum of Understanding for 2022-25 for Bargaining Unit 701, which covers wages and working conditions for:
· Deputy Probation Officers
· Detention Services Officers
· Group Supervisors
· Group Supervisors Nights
· Pretrial Investigators and Investigator Aids
· Transportation Deputies
· Transportation Workers
The Mediated Tentative Agreement covers:
· Cost of living adjustments totaling 12% over 3 years,
· A signing bonus of $1,375,
· Special bonus assignments of 5.5%,
· A training and wellness fund of $500,000, and
· A commitment by the County to continue professionalizing the juvenile halls.
Details will be released next week, and keep an eye out for ballots, which will be mailed via USPS to your homes.
If you have moved recently, please email your new mailing address to email@example.com, or call our Union at (213) 386-5860, ASAP to assure that you receive a ballot.